The very lovely Angie over at Polish and Patience was nice enough to give me a Liebster Award. LAST YEAR. I filled this out then, but never got around to posting it. I honestly feel like I'm an awesome person (don't we all?), but I may lack personality when I write. I'm not sure filling this out will help or hurt me in that respect. I'm going to add a few pictures so everyone's not super bored when they hit the Page Down button to scroll quickly through this post.
China Glaze Red Satin with Darling Diva Polish in Ti Amo
Eleven things about me:
I prefer watching TV shows to movies. There's so much more to experience with the characters in a TV show because you get more time with them. My three favorite TV shows of all time are "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "The IT Crowd" and "Veronica Mars." If I need reality TV, it's gotta be "Cops" or "Tabatha Takes Over."
I love sugar. I could even eat it plain in years past, which might partially explain why I'm now pre-diabetic. If you're pre-diabetic, do everything you can to avoid becoming diabetic! Being diabetic- and even pre-diabetic- really takes the joy out of eating because you have so many restrictions on what you can eat.
If you have anything rude to say about Nebraska Cornhuskers football... you can say it to someone else.
I have the most shopping stamina of anyone you'll ever meet. I love window shopping and I could do it all day! Nice malls I've enjoyed visiting include Scottsdale Fashion Square in Arizona, La Encantada in Arizona, Beachwood Place in Ohio, The Mall at Short Hills in New Jersey, the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania and Ala Moana Center in Hawaii.
My first concert was the Beach Boys when I was ten years old. I've seen Barenaked Ladies in at least five different states and I've seen OK Go live eight or ten times. The last concert I went to was Robert Plant last month. But if I had to listen to one artist for the rest of my life, it'd be Dwight Yoakam. L-o-v-e his voice and music!
I've lived in three different states two times each. I miss Arizona the most. I loved being able to see the mountains and beautiful scenery of southern Arizona.
I'm the dog mom around here while my husband is the cat dad. Diamonds may be some girls' best friend, but I'll take my dogs over jewels any day!
I got into nail polish because I'm a sucker for pretty colors. I also have a pretty good selection of paper paint chips from home improvement stores. Sadly that doesn't mean my house has been painted at all. *facepalm*
Horoscopes amuse me so much. I like the Daily Horoscope app by Comitic on my phone and read Susan Miller's horoscopes for my sign and rising sign, too. Her app finally cut back on video ads, which is good when you're trying to browse your horoscope at 1am and your significant other is asleep.
I've been with my husband over ten years, which could be the reason...
I'm expecting a son in October. That would only partially explain why I haven't been doing much blogging. I did have trouble with stinky polish fumes when I painted my nails last night, but otherwise my only excuse is that I hate cropping and editing the bazillion pictures I insist on taking to make sure I get the color just right.
L'Oreal Club Prive (I had to lobsterize myself in Photoshop to make the nail color more accurate)
Eleven questions from Angie:
1. What is your first polish memory? Chanel's Night Sky was the first nail polish that I remember reading about and knowing that I had to have it. I paid $15 for it at the Chanel counter at Dillards. Not a bad way to spend $15, if you ask me.
2. Is this something you share with friends, or do you keep your 'polish play time' to yourself? I have some friends that like nail polish and makeup, too. It's nice to have friends that understand (and an understanding husband that has his own hobbies.)
3. How do you keep your polish organized? I don't. I want to do a massive purge, but I fear I'll have to get even more storage just for the purged polishes! I have a few underbed storage containers, plus some plastic five drawer towers.
4. What is your favorite color? Light, minty pastel green! I've picked up a polish or three in my favorite color now that it's in style.
5. What is your favorite finish? I do enjoy a good shimmer, but no frost/brushstrokes allowed!
6. What is your favorite polish brand? In the past, I would've said OPI. But there are so many good brands out there now. L'Oreal has stepped up its game, and their sister brand Essie usually has great quality and some awesome colors.
7. What else do you do with your free time? Hang out with my husband, my pets and my mom; eat great food (Middle Eastern, Thai, BBQ!); procrastinate working on my blog; tons of laundry; read other blogs (if only there was a good replacement to Google Reader ); and be awesome a majority of the time.
8. Do you have any pets? Yes! They were all homeless and one of them was going to be killed that day if we didn't take her. Support no kill shelters and spay/neuter programs!
9. What is your vision of a 'perfect day'? Relaxing with great food and great company. What's better than that?
10. What is your favorite book? Don't laugh- Archangel by Sharon Shinn. It was the first book I read by her and she does a great job creating different worlds. Jacqueline Carey is probably my second favorite author. I really like authors who can really draw you into another world.
11. What is your favorite movie? The one I've probably "watched" the most is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." I was not a fan in my teen years, but I ended up really enjoying the music. The movie is good background noise.
Chanel Taboo (which always looks better in pictures than real life)
At this point, I'm supposed to tag eleven people with less than 200 followers and give them eleven questions. Not to be the c-c-c-combo breaker, but I don't know who to tag. If you're reading, please consider this your formal engraved invitation to tell me eleven things about you, answer eleven questions, and give me your blog link so I can see the answers! Comment below if you want me to give you the questions you absolutely must fill out.
|Print article||This entry was posted by suggrr on 08/21/13 at 05:58:21 pm . Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.|